IPi Recorder Installation
- Select needed components
- Read and accept the license agreement by checking appropriate checkbox
- Press the Install button to begin installation
- Note. Most of the components require administrative privileges because they install device drivers or write to Program Files and other system folders. On Windows Vista/7 you will be presented with UAC prompts when appropriate during installation. If you plan to use iPi Recorder under user which has no administrative rights, you can pre-install other components separately using administrator's account.
- You can plug only one MS Kinect / ASUS Xtion / PrimeSense Carmine sensor to one USB controller. 1 USB controller bandwidth is not enough to record from 2 sensors.
- You can plug not more than 2 Sony PS Eye cameras to one USB controller, otherwise you will not be able to capture at 60 fps with 640 x 480 resolution.
- For more info see USB controllers.
Upon installation is complete, iPi Recorder will launch automatically. Continue with user's guide to get a knowledge of using the software.
If some of the components is already installed, it has no checkbox and is marked with ALREADY INSTALLED label. You should not install all optional components in advance, without necessity. All of them can be installed separately at later time. Components descriptions below contain corresponding download links.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4 - Client. This is required component and cannot be unchecked.
This is basic infrastructure for running .NET programs. iPi Recorder is a .NET program.
- Web installer: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17113
- Standalone installer: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24872
- Playstation3 Eye Webcam :: WinUSB Drivers Registration. Check if you plan to work with Sony PS Eye cameras.
Device drivers for PS Eye camera.
- ASUS Xtion / PrimeSense Carmine :: OpenNI Redistributable and ASUS Xtion / PrimeSense Carmine :: PrimeSense Sensor. Check if you plan to work with ASUS Xtion, or ASUS Xtion Live, or PrimeSense Carmine depth sensors.
Device drivers and software libraries for ASUS Xtion / ASUS Xtion Live / PrimeSense Carmine.
- (Windows 7, 8) Microsoft Kinect :: MS Kinect SDK 1.8. Check if you plan to work with Microsoft Kinect depth sensors.
Device drivers and software libraries for Microsoft Kinect. Requires Windows 7 and later.
- (Windows XP, Vista) Microsoft Kinect :: PrimeSense psdrv3.sys Driver Registration. Check if you plan to work with Microsoft Kinect depth sensors.
Alternative device drivers for Microsoft Kinect.
- 64-bit OS: http://files.ipisoft.com/drivers/KinectPsdrv3_iPi-x64.msi
- 32-bit OS: http://files.ipisoft.com/drivers/KinectPsdrv3_iPi-x86.msi
- Note. iPi Recorder does support working with Kinect sensors on Windows 7 using PrimeSense driver. If you have installed and used it for Kinect with iPi Recorder 1.x, you can continue using it with iPi Recorder 2.
- iPi Recorder 2.x.x.x. This is required component and cannot be unchecked.
iPi Recorder itself.