NEW! Version 3 of iPi Motion Capture is available. iPi Motion Capture 3 delivers new features for improved workflow including support of Kinect 2, improved arms tracking, simplified calibration and others. Read more >>
This documentation corresponds to version 2 of iPi Motion Capture. The latest documentation for version 3 can be found at https://docs.ipisoft.com/
Migration from v1.x to v2.0
From iPiSoft Wiki
Here you will find important information for users of version 1.x of iPi Motion Capture who are interested to work with version 2.0.
- Lisense keys of version 1.x will not work with version 2.0. You need a separate license key to activate 2.0.
- Those who purchased version 1.x on March 6th, 2012 or later will get license key for 2.0 for free. We will send 2.0 license keys for those customers as soon as we launch 2.0 sales (expected on June 11th, 2012).
- Other customers of 1.x will get 50% discount for 2.0 license. To request the discount coupone code, please email us and provide with your 1.x license key (if you lost it, please provide us maximum information regarding your purchase).
- Trial for 2.0 is independent of trial for 1.x. So you can try 2.0 even if your 1.x trial expired.
- Version 2.0 can be downloaded from http://ipisoft.com/download.
- You can install and use on the same computer both 1.x and 2.x.
- iPi Recorder 2.0 requires .NET 4, so you will be asked to install it if you don't have it installed.
- All drivers previously installed for 1.x will be used by 2.x. You will only be asked to upgrade Kinect SDK to 1.6 if you have Kinect SDK installed.
- Version 2.0 uses new video format (.iPiVideo). To convert old videos to new format please use "Converter" tab in iPi Recorder 2.0.
- Version 2.0 uses new project files format (.iPiMoCap instead of former .MoCap). Unfortunately, there is no automatic convertion from 1.x project format to 2.0 project format. Those who want to work with 1.x project in iPi Studio 2.0 will have to load 1.x videos into iPi Studio 2.x, create new project and perform tracking/clean-up again. Sorry for the inconvenience.